Park Record

1881 - 2016

The Park Mining Record began publication February 8, 1880. The name was shortened to The Park Record in 1884. The earliest issue on this web site is dated June 5, 1880. A city-wide fire on June 19, 1898, destroyed the newspaper's offices, and the June 25, 1898, issue stated: "The Record is under deep obligations to the Salt Lake Herald for the appearance this week as usual of our paper. Our own plant being completely annihilated, the kind offer of Manager McDaniel of the Herald to print the paper at his establishment was gladly accepted...Park City is filled with brave men and brave women, men and women who, by nature, occupation and surroundings are eminently fitted to fight life's battles and make the most of the gifts with which God has endowed them. They are a rugged, free-born and self-reliant class of people, who breathe pure air, eat wholesome food and have no knowledge of the small conceptions of life." Printing moved again from Park City to the office of The Morgan County News in 1956 and continued until 1960. The Summit County Bee and Park Record was formed in 1960. In July 1964, the publication split back into two newspapers, The Summit County Bee and The Park Record.

We extend our thanks to the Park City Historical Society & Museum for spearheading the project; to the Utah Department of Heritage and Arts, the Summit County RAP Tax Fund, and many other donors for their generous support; to the Park Record for the loan of original newspapers for scanning; and to the Park City Library and the Summit County Library.

Note to the user: This newspaper has article-segmentation for some years, and no segmentation (whole pages only) for other years. Use the search options below right to search within the segmented issues. Also use the search options below left to search within the non-segmented issues.


All text in Park Record

Only text that has been tagged


Feedback