Lehi, Utah, founded in 1850, was a farming community as well as a stop along the route of the Pony Express. The establishment of the Utah Sugar Company in 1890 spurred growth, and the Lehi Banner first appeared on May 29, 1891 as the official newspaper of the new sugar factory. The format of local news, world events and beet-sugar industry analysis attracted readers and advertisers. Local interests continued to dominate its pages for years to come. In 1915 the Banner moved its publishing operation to American Fork as a cost-cutting measure. Its competitor, the Lehi Sun bought the Banner in 1917. Read more.