Washington County News

-

The Washington County News began publication January 30, 1908 and ceased in 1988.

The Utah Digital Newspapers Program would like to extend its most sincere thanks to Dixie State College for the loan of their original newspapers for the creation of this collection.


Need HELP using this page?

Browse by Year/Date:

Genealogical Browse:

Browse All Issues of This Newspaper


Washington County News

John R. Wallis, editor and proprietor of the Washington County News for its first two decades, published an earlier newspaper in St. George by the same name, running from 1898 to 1900.

"The Washington County News. That was the name of the newspaper which we published here several years ago. The name sounds good to us and we have decided to publish the new Dixie paper under the same title ... We come prepared to stay this time. Our office is centrally located on Main street, where we shall be pleased to have you call, get acquainted, tell us the news and subscribe for the paper."

The Utah Digital Newspapers project is seeking copies of the first Washington County News that can be digitized and added to the online collection.