The Springville Herald began publication in 1891 as The Springville Independent. In 1923 it became The Springville Herald-Beacon and in 1924, The Springville Herald and The Springville Beacon. A fire destroyed the newspaper's offices and most of their back issues in June 1924. By 1927, it was officially just The Springville Herald with N. C. Hicks as editor and manager. The paper was owned by the Conover family from 1936 to 2003.
We extend our thanks to the Springville Public Library, the Springville Historical Society, and the Utah Department of Heritage and Arts for their contributions and the loan of the original newspapers for scanning.
Note to the user: This newspaper has article-segmentation for some years, and no segmentation (whole pages only) for other years. Use the search options below right to search within the segmented issues. Also use the search options below left to search within the non-segmented issues.