When the Record began publishing in September, 1915, the town of Monticello had a population of approximately 500. In spite of this very small customer base in the remote southeast corner of Utah, the Record has remained a going concern. In its first 20 years, it survived no less than 5 different owners and 7 different editors, and changed locations between Moab and Monticello 3 times. It continues today under the direction of Bill Boyle.
The Utah Digital Newspapers Program would like to extend its most sincere thanks to the San Juan Record for the loan of their original newspapers for the creation of this collection.
Need HELP using this page?