San Juan Record

1919 - 1953

When the Record began publishing in September, 1915, the town of Monticello had a population of approximately 500. In spite of this small customer base in the remote southeast corner of Utah, the Record has remained a going concern. In its first 20 years, it survived five different owners and seven editors, and changed locations between Moab and Monticello three times.

We extend our thanks to the San Juan Record for the loan of the original newspapers for scanning.


All text in San Juan Record

Only text that has been tagged


Feedback