The Salt Lake Mining Review, also called "The Mining Review", was begun in 1899 by Will C. Higgins, formerly the mining editor of the Salt Lake Herald newspaper for three years.
From the December 20, 1922 issue:
"Reports from Marysvale, Utah, are to the effect that the famous old Deer Trail mine, owned by the Salisburys of Salt Lake, and a bonanza gold-silver producer forty years ago, is right now eclipsing all past records. It is stated that 250 men are employed at the property and that forty teams are regularly employed in hauling crude ore and mill product to the railroad loading station at Marysvale."
The Utah Digital Newspapers Program would like to extend its most sincere thanks to the J. Willard Marriott Library Special Collections for the loan of their original newspapers for the creation of this collection.
Need HELP using this page?