The Carbon County newspapers have a complicated history. The Eastern Utah Telegraph began publishing on January 15, 1891, and ended on January 25, 1895. The Eastern Utah Advocate started February 7, 1895, and ran until 1915, when it merged with The Carbon County News. This merger produced The News-Advocate. W. C. Benfer, former editor of the Carbon County News, took over The News-Advocate. Benfer had a long-standing disagreement with the Crockett family (who had started The Sun in 1915). In 1932 the Crocketts succeeded in merging the two newspapers into the Sun-Advocate.