The Murray Eagle and Midvale Journal was published jointly by the Jordan Publishing Company and the Murray Press in Midvale and Murray. It is believed that The Murray Eagle and Midvale Journal started out in the early 1890s as The American and later The American Eagle. By the 1920s P. K. Nielsen, the editor and business manager, began to expand the newspaper's circulation area. The newspaper was published simultaneously in Midvale as The Midvale Journal and Murray Eagle. From January 8 through February 17, 1927, the paper contains a section titled The Draper Journal.
We extend our thanks to the Murray City Library for their generous donations.