There were many newspapers in Beaver County, Utah. In his book Early Utah Journalism, Cecil J. Alter commented that "more first-class, two-fisted, paying newspapers have flourished, and died with their boots on, in Beaver than in many other cities of several times the size." The Beaver County News went through a number of editorial and ownership changes in rapid succession. Early operators of the paper include George B. Greenwood in 1912 and Arthur B. Lewis in 1914. Lee C. Brown edited the paper in 1928, and by 1933 the Milford News was sold to David S. Williams.