Carbon County News
1908 - 1915
The Carbon County News began publishing April 26, 1907 and continued until July 9, 1915
when it merged with the Eastern Utah Advocate to become The News-Advocate.
Need HELP using this page?
The Carbon County News
Although the Carbon County News changed editors and managers several times, it was a successful newspaper
serving the growing town of Price, which already had one other newspaper, the Eastern Utah
From the January 1 1909 issue:
With this issue of the Carbon County News the management and control of the paper passes into new hands,
Charles H. Keith assuming the entire business and mechanical direction and E. A. Phillips taking charge of
the editorial department. Mr. Keith, until he came to the News something over six months ago, served the
Intermountain-Republican at Salt Lake City and Mr. Phillips, a couple of week since resigned the position of
Telegraph Editor on the Salt Lake Evening Telegram, in order to assist Mr. Keith in securing the lease of this
newspaper. That's about all we care to say of ourselves, except that we think we know our business and we propose
to attend to it fearlessly and faithfully and to win by honest effort the friendship and approval of every right
minded man with whom we are thrown into contact.