The Carbon County News began publishing on April 26, 1907. Despite changing editors and managers several times, it was a successful newspaper serving the growing town of Price, Utah. The January 1, 1909, issue stated: "With this issue of the Carbon County News the management and control of the paper passes into new hands, Charles H. Keith assuming the entire business and mechanical direction and E. A. Phillips taking charge of the editorial department. Mr. Keith, until he came to the News something over six months ago, served the Intermountain-Republican at Salt Lake City and Mr. Phillips, a couple of week since resigned the position of Telegraph Editor on the Salt Lake Evening Telegram, in order to assist Mr. Keith in securing the lease of this newspaper. That's about all we care to say of ourselves, except that we think we know our business and we propose to attend to it fearlessly and faithfully and to win by honest effort the friendship and approval of every right minded man with whom we are thrown into contact." The newspaper continued until July 9, 1915, when it merged with the Eastern Utah Advocate to become The News-Advocate.