Box Elder News

1904 - 1926

The Box Elder County News was started in April, 1894 by publisher J.R. Hunter. His wife, Edith B. Hunter, became associate editor on September 12, 1896. The Hunters sold the paper to Charles Pasco and Hyrum Standing in 1898, at which time "County" was dropped from the name. In 1900, Solomon C. Wixom purchased Pasco's interest in the paper and later became managing editor in 1922.

We extend our thanks to Utah State University Special Collections and Archives and to the Box Elder News-Journal for the loan of the original newspapers for scanning.


All text in Box Elder News

Only text that has been tagged


Feedback