There were many newspapers in Beaver County, Utah. In his book Early Utah Journalism, Cecil J. Alter commented: "More first-class, two-fisted, paying newspapers have flourished, and died with their boots on, in Beaver than in many other cities of several times the size." The Weekly Press (Beaver, Utah) began publication on November 25, 1904 and ceased in 1917. It was succeeded by the Beaver County Weekly Press until September 9, 1921. The Beaver City Press ran to March 30, 1928 (with a temporary suspension from January to November 1926), and the Beaver Press began publication on April 19, 1929.
We extend our thanks to the City of Beaver, Utah, for their generous funding.